Eye Movements and Tracking
Eye movements and tracking
There are 3 types of eye movements
- Fixations which is the ability to hold and study without moving off target.
- Saccades the ability of the eyes to make accurate jumps as we change targets.
- Pursuits the ability of eyes to follow a moving target.
Tracking is the ability to control where the eyes are and this is a skill required for everything from reading a newspaper to playing tennis.
Those with eye movement and tracking problems may:
- lose their place on a page while reading,
- skip or transpose words,
- omit entire lines,
- use their fingers to follow print
- move their head as well as eyes to track across a page