What is Visual Closure?
Visual Closure is the ability to identify an object when only part of it is seen. It is the ability to fill in the missing details in order to identify what it would be if it were complete.
Poor visual closure skills can lead to
- problem with reading/copying, where letters are not recognised, words may be difficult to identify i.e. a poorly photocopied document
- difficulty identifying mistakes in written material
- difficulty performing mathematical tasks i.e. geometry
- problem completing partially drawn pictures or dot to dot worksheets
- leaving out parts of words, entire words and or whole sections of worksheets.